Thursday 8 May 2014

Lip care. Bacteria? Use your own!


Now, I know it's easy when a friend or work colleague brings out the trusty Vaseline,  to ask to use some just like if they brought out some chewing gum you would ask for some.
But before you go and stick your index finger in that tin, swirl it around and lather it on your lips.....
Think of the bacteria!
Infections!

Do you actually know if that person washed their hands after the bathroom, before they used that Vaseline?

My plain and simple story is a bit of....karma! If you would like to think of it that way.
In year 8 I kept a chap stick in my pencil case, one of those where you can get every flavour under the sun.
Didn't really do much for moisturising my lips but heck they sure tasted and smelt nice!
(BV -  Before Va saline!)
I used to suffer from dermatitis and impetigo around my mouth so this chap stick was just for me.
I had a 'friend' who asked for a pencil from my pencil case and I gave her my pencil case to choose, little did I know that she would go on to steal my chap stick!
Well..... A couple weeks passed and low and behold she started to develop a red rash around her mouth and a trip to the doctors and a course of anti-biotics ensued.
Let's hope she didn't steal or use anyone Else's chap stick or it would of spread like wild fire.


Lesson of the day always take your own form of lip care! 

Stock photos Used -  Eos
                                  Blistex Lip Balm
                                  Burts Bee's Lip Balm
                                  Chap Stick Lip Balm

4 comments:

  1. Great Post. You are having really Lovely Blog. Keep visiting my blog. I will too. Dear
    BeautyDrugs new blog post click & comment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's really appreciated :) i'm going to add your blog to my reading list :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Completely agree with this - people are so unaware of the germs that can be spread!

    Zoe xx
    beautypie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's like there are those who are prone to cold - sores and they say the bacteria for a cold - sore never goes! So if you use someone's lip balm then you get that cold - sore!
      Thank you for reading as well! :) xxx

      Delete